02:37

Dsquared² - Resort 2014 Collection

A mix of neutral shades, dark foresty greens and odd pops of barbie pink Dsquared² is back with their Resort 2014 Collection. It gives a slight jungle explorer vibe, with the repeat usage of the straw hat and trench-styled items. Overall I find this a relatively safe, wearable and neat collection.

All of the looks:
*Click the picture to enlarge it* 



My personal favourite looks:

1. City Safari. 
I like this outfit for two main reasons:
a) The colour scheme: It's aesthetically pleasing, and not overwhelming. 
b) The belt over the cardigan thing going on: It's literally how I always wear my cardigans. Cardigans make you lose your shape, but a belt at the waist creates a more flattering shape, plus it also makes it look as if you've put more effort into the outfit than you actually have.

On the other hand I'm not really sure if the shoes or hat matches the outfit, I suppose they add a bit of texture, pattern and colour to the look, but with the amount of detail already within the outfit, I don't really think that they're necessary.




2. Vintage Chic.
Does this outfit remind anyone else of 'Grease'?... No?.. Just me?..
For starters, may I say that overall, this outfit has got to be one of the most visually appealing outfits i've seen in a while. It's simple, yet not boring. The vintage-retro skirt is a rather flattering style for the hips and thighs, although the cut at the knees isn't exactly the greatest... The cinched waistline give a very fitted and proper look. A cute leather bomber jacket with a glossy edge gives a slightly edgy feel, to an otherwise very proper and feminine outfit. I also adore the detailing on the bracelet, in fact I've always been looking for a bracelet similar to it. Again I'm not too sure about the shoes... I feel like a classic white pump, or a pair of black mary-janes would make the outfit look more put together.




3.  Good-day Sir.
A feminine twist on a 'male' outfit? This is a rather structured outfit, which somewhat reminds me of a circus ring leader. Just saying... Again the shoes though... Honestly.. I like the shoes, I like them all, I just don't like them with their respective outfits... Unlike the first outfit I chose, the hat actually matches this outfit perfectly. It gives an interesting touch to a very proper outfit. I don't really understand how this is resort wear though... being honest here.




Get the look:
1. Forever New - Nina Jaquared Blazer - $119.99 AU (Shop Here)
2. Boohoo - Emma PU Biker Jacket - $70.00 AU (Shop Here)
3. Boohoo - Carmen Sleeveless Blouse in 'Khaki' - $32.00 AU (Shop Here)
4. Miss Guided - Lacey Trench Coat with Leather Sleeves in 'Khaki' - $103.01 AU (Shop Here)
5. Boohoo - Nikki Suedette Round Toe Heels - $50.00 AU (Shop Here)
6. Glassons - Pleated Leather Look Shorts - $49.99 AU (Shop Here)
7. Gorman - Denim Sunray Skirt - $169.00 AU (Shop Here)
8. Sheike - Madison Belt in 'Khaki' - $19.95 AU (Shop Here)
9. Body Royale - Clustered Bracelet in 'Jet/Gunmetal' - $59.00 AU (Shop Here)
10. Roxy - Santa Monica Fedora - $29.99 AU (Shop Here)

*Please note that these pieces are only my suggestions and my take on the collection, i'm not a professional, nor am I trying to copy any pieces exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment