16:24

Christian Dior - Fall 2013 Collection

Christian Dior brings us the latest in fall fashion, with numerous daring pieces which contain bold prints, colours, and cut outs, at both fashionable, and plain odd areas.

The Collection:

*Click Each Picture To Enlarge*
There were too many images so I just chose to show some of the 'highlight' outfits.

Alright, well I'm allowed to be completely honest right. In my opinion, Dior has never been the same, since it's old head-designer got fired. I feel like this collection is an improvement, but still, not the same. Primarily in this collection we see dresses and few skirts and coats. I love the various mixing to textures and patterns, but honestly I'm not sure if I like this collection as a whole but still I think this collection is overall above average.

My Favourite Looks/Pieces:


For starters, it's such a pretty shade of royal blue, despite the fact that it looks somewhat simple, it really isn't. I think that every detail in this outfit, brings it together as a whole to make it look perfect. From the large chunky out there chain styled necklace, to the cute houndstooth pattern at the back. It's overall extremely flattering, particularly on the model.


The things I love most about this outfit are the shoes. Don't ask why, especially from the front view, they look fab. The detailing on the skirt is tremendous, yet despite the effort i'm not really feeling it, yet in conjunction with the rest of the outfit, overall it's still very visually pleasant.



Clearly, the things I love most about this look is the neck/collar bone area. The detailing and beading here are tremendous. It almost gives a vintage glamour feel. The semi-fish/mermaid like bottom of the dress can give a greater illusion of eight, and is rather flattering. I also adore the colour of the dress.


I don't know, I just like this outfit, overall it just looks amazing. It's semi-simple, but the layers at the neck are really interesting.


 I'm really questioning this bracelet. As much as it looks pretty, isn't is extremely annoying and inconvenient? It's almost like two bracelets coming out of two bracelets. It makes for a great statement piece of jewellery, and is probably my favourite accessory in this collection as a whole.


Look at the detailing of the pleats and layering of this skirt. Imagine how much wire and hard work was put into it. Props to the designer!

Backstage and Beauty:
Dior never fails when it comes to beauty. For this collection we saw deep berry and dull orange lips, covered with glitter. As well as rather simple eyes, with glitter only in the inner tear duct area. We also see very proper and structured eyebrows which are surprisingly still rather feminine looking.






Am I the only one that takes interest into what models wear before the show. Honestly, they could walk onto the catwalk just like that... Just change the shoes of the one on the left. But seriously, how amazing are their outfits...

No comments:

Post a Comment